Skip to content
Make an appointment
(02) 4721 3858
banana walnut loaf
This tasty, moist loaf doesn’t have any added sugar – the ripe bananas make it naturally sweet. It makes a great snack for lunchboxes or for morning/afternoon tea.
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs ½ cup olive or walnut oil
¼ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 cup rice flour
¾ cup walnuts, chopped
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 180°c. Grease and line a 23 x 13cm loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl beat the eggs, oil, milk and vanilla, add the mashed bananas and stir to combine.
3. In a separate bowl mix the flours, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the walnuts.
5. Pour the mix into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out cleanly and the top is golden brown.
6. Leave loaf to cool in tins for 5-10 mins before removing.
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for up to three days, or in the fridge for up to five days. It also freezes well